This is a healthy yogurt cake recipe with orange flavoured extra virgin olive oil. It is super simple and quick to bake at home with children. It is yummy and perfect as a birthday cake!
– 1 yogurt, natural without sugar. (The yogurt pot is the measure for the other ingredients.)
– ½ a pot of raw sugar cane brown sugar
– 3 eggs
– ½ a pot of orange flavored extra virgin olive oil (if you don´t have the orange oil you can use another extra virgin olive oil.)
– ½ a pot of fresh squeezed orange juice
– 3 pots of flour
– ½ sachet of baking powder
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you obtain a homogenous dough. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. (356 degrees Fahrenheit)
Cover the baking pan with butter, pour the dough in it and cook in oven for about 30 minutes. Check if it is cooked by planting a knife into the middle of the cake. It must come out clean.
You can add diced fresh fruits or dried fruits into the dough, like apples, pears, walnuts, raisins…
You can cover the cake with melted chocolate and smarty’s and sweets…
Bon appétit! Happy birthday!